WITNESS GOD’S MERCIFUL LOVE – UNITY IN THE COMMUNITY OF RIVERHEAD
2016 EUCHARISTIC PROCESSION
ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST R.C. CHURCH, RIVERHEAD TO ST ISIDORE R.C. CHURCH, RIVERHEAD
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016 – 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
(Rain Date Thursday September 15, 2016)
4:30 PM – participants will be in their groups in St. John’s Church or line up in parking lot area between St. Johns’ Cemetery and Parish Center
5:00 PM – St. John the Evangelist Church
Exposition with appropriate hymn
Opening Prayer by Priest
Rosary (Joyful Mystery and Sorrowful Mystery) – Participants from St. Johns’ who cannot walk procession route are asked to pray the rosary before the procession begins.
5:30 PM – Riverhead PD will have a Patrol Vehicle lead the way of the procession for safety of participants. Processors will move from staging area in their order to the front of the church (on street).
5:45 PM – Processors will leave begin leaving the church and line up in the order attached
6:00 PM – Blessed Sacrament will exit the Church and join procession – Hymns will be sung, Divine Mercy Chaplet will be recited as we process
Route: Procession will leave from front of St. Johns’ (Fifth Street) and process to Roanoke Avenue;
Procession will make right turn onto Roanoke Avenue and then Left onto Lincoln Street; Procession will continue past Washington Street; Griffing Avenue; Hallet Avenue; (see next line for Station) Osborn Ave; Hamilton Avenue to Sweezy Avenue;
Before crossing over Osborn Avenue, the Procession will stop at a Station set up honoring the Blessed Virgin Mary (which it is hoped to be set up at Polonaise Park) Procession will then continue on route and will make right turn onto Sweezy Avenue and continue to Pulaski Street; Procession will make left turn onto Pulaski Street to front of St. Isidore Church and will begin to enter Church
WHILE PROCESSION IS EN-ROUTE
6:00 PM – Rosary (Luminous Mystery and Glorious Mystery ) – Participants from St. Isidore’s who cannot walk procession route are asked to pray the rosary while the procession is going on and before they arrive at St. Isidore’s Church.
6:45 PM – Procession will arrive at St. Isidore’s Church – (See below) – Hymns to be sung by parishioners already in church.
- Processor’s who followed will enter church and be seated;
- Blessed Sacrament will process up walkway of St. Isidore’s and wait outside while
- All processors enter the Church and take a place in the pews.
- Appropriate Hymns will be sung;
- Blessed Sacrament will process into the Church to the Altar;
- Blessed Sacrament will be placed on Altar for Benediction – After Repose
- Litany and Hymn “Holy God, We Praise Thy Name” Mass begins
- Processional Cross with two altar servers holding candles (torch bearers)
- Boys in “Sunday Best” with pillows and Blessed Sacrament Religious Pictures
- Religious Associations with their banners (Columbiettes, Altar Rosary Society, Respect Lift Group, Maximillian Kolbe School Children (with banner); St. Isidore School Children (with banner); McGann-Mercy School Children (with banner); etc.)
- Confraternities (Knights of Columbus (not walking in color guard)
- Tertiaries (Merciful Love Chapter 3rd Order Lay Carmelites)
- Religious (Lay and Clerical) (Nuns, Brothers) (Deacons)
- Bell Ringers
- Girls in “Sunday Best” dress distribute flower petals before the Blessed Sacrament
- Seminarians and Priests
- Two Thurifers
- Celebrant holding Monstrance under the canopy surrounded by several torch bearers, acolytes
- Knights of Columbus Color Guard
- Laymen led by choir of singers
- Parishioners and guests